Meatless Monday

I'm no vegan... I refuse to stop exploring the cheese world and stop eating honey or eggs. But as a plant based pescatarian you have to find different sources of protein. Which, btw... meat doesn't even contain as much protein as people think it does. If you are venturing into this realm but you aren't quite sure how to "replace your protein", here are a few things you can incorporate into your diet that contain protein without having to support the slaughter of poor innocent animals.

Since I was 11 years old I have been wanting to go Vegetarian. I used to tell my parents that I didn't want to participate in the world of animal slaughter. Of course... growing up with 2 Mexican parents (born and raised) I heard... "Taz LOCA, comete tu carne. Andale... y no andes con esas ideas." So that basically settled it for me.... At least under their control. Since I had my son I have had him grow up the way that I did, I remember picking Nat Geo documentaries instead of cartoons at Hollywood Video Rentals and I'm sure my mom thought that I was weird but... that's just who I was as a kid! So my son watches these shows with me now! Just like mom, HE LOVES THEM! When my son was young I decided that I would try my best to instill this "vegetarian" based lifestyle on BOTH of us. I mean, if you are going to start from the beginning, why not learn how to do it with someone else. It took a long time for me to learn the ways and figure out what protein to use and what fibrous veggie to use that complimented each other. Not to mention... IRON. But after 3 years of practicing, I have learned the basics and I continue to grow. OF COURSE I resorted to meat and chicken every once in a while as I learned the path... OF COURSE I'm not vegan because I like Honey... OF COURSE I fall off the wagon and my son isn't 100% RESTRICTED because he eats lunch at school and when my parents take care of him they go all Mexican on him and when he is with his dad his dad shoves meat down his throat even though my son is not too fond of it and he comes home constipated from his body working to hard to digest that fatty tissue and lard... but hey, we are doing pretty damn well balancing our pH levels and our nutrition on a mostly plant based diet :D 

So have fun with these protein filled items! 

Find Me Here:
Follow me on fb @ SOPHitness
or Instagram @ SOPHIA_SAN_ROMAN
Or Twitter @S0PHitness


Comments

Popular Posts